A Park Above named the “2016 Best City Park” by Albuquerque The Magazine
Visit us at
Located between Unser & Golf Course off Westside Blvd. 505-994-6338
Make a cash donation or donate through the United Way or Amazon Smiles program by specifying “A Park Above” for your contribution. 100% of all donations go to the Perpetual Fund that provides continued financial support for the replacement and upkeep of the unique play equipment in this park.
Welcome to the website of A Park Above, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(3) ALL volunteer organization that was created to assist and support the efforts of the City of Rio Rancho’s Parks and Recreation to build and maintain A Park Above. Through our efforts, we have worked together with State, County and City government, corporations and our community to complete this amazing project! All donations are for the Perpetual Fund, to help repair, replace or change any future park equipment. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we are in the position to obtain funds through grants and donations made available only to non-profits. Therefore, your support is greatly appreciated, tax deductible and needed!
Need to Know
This is a destination park for the State of New Mexico drawing in visitors, new employment and businesses! The play equipment is designed for ANY person with ANY ability! Therapists can help their clients by utilizing the park equipment! We have a restroom facility that is 100% ADA accessible, musical instruments, water splash area, labyrinth, basketball court, special equipment, hills, tunnels, slides, wheelchair swings, and shade structures. Perhaps a buddy day, plays, movies and scheduled educational programs will be held in the amphitheater. Tables and benches sit under the shade structures.
There are NO ENTRY or Reservation FEES at this time, the park is FREE for all families to enjoy!
Call 505-994-6338 for park and party information!
Current Park Hours: 6 am to 10 pm.
Some RULES are in place to keep your family safe.
- The ONLY wheels allowed in the park are STROLLERS and WHEELCHAIRS, any other skateboards, scooters, bikes, hover boards, roller skates, etc. are NOT allowed! The reason is this park is for ALL abilities and if a fast roller passes a special needs person, we do not want an episode to occur or anyone to crash into anyone!! So, please do not bring these things into the park!
- No Grills, No Jumps, No Confetti, No Water Balloons, No Silly String, nothing that makes a mess! YOU are expected to clean up after your party.
- No hoarding of tables…call 505-994-6338 if you have a question. We want you to have a positive experience at A Park Above, so please obey all rules at this special park!
- There is a special doggie park you can use, we ask that you DO NOT bring your pets into the larger play area, the little children run barefooted and stepping into doggie poop or urine is not a positive experience!
- The Water Splash Pad will open on May 27th for Memorial Day Weekend and close Labor Day weekend. The hours of operation will be from 9 am to 6 pm.
Check out the Event Case on the bathroom wall at the park for a list of movies and other special programming dates and times for your family to enjoy! Pick up a couple of FRIENDSHIP DESTINATION BRICK FORMS available at the park on one of the THREE 8 foot pillars…Pick your form up today! Have FUN at A Park Above!
See the latest videos and articles on our News Page.
A Park Above Ribbon Cutting 2016 by Mac Birch! Thank you Mac! https://youtu.be/CLBNhrgdrKg (full version) or the 5:05 minute version: https://youtu.be/9fLUF4gHDVQ
A Park Above, Inc.
1380 Rio Rancho Blvd. # 1301
Rio Rancho, NM 87124 (mailing address only)
2441 Westside Court (Physical address)
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Between Unser and Golf Course off Westside Blvd. on the north side
Call A PARK ABOVE at 505-994-6338 or email the President, Jerry Reeder at email@example.com
For a guided tour of A Park Above, located at: 2441 Westside Blvd, Rio Rancho, NM 87124, please call A Park Above at 505-994-6338. Please join us today, and work with us as we make history, building the first “A Park Above” in Rio Rancho/ Albuquerque area.
Many volunteers are needed to become Park Ambassadors! A Park Ambassador must go through a certification class and background checks as you are working with children. You will help operate the wheelchair swings, keep children off the fences and walls, keep all visitors safe and assist in dispersing the crowd if a park visitor has an emotional episode. It is an HONOR to be a Park Ambassador!
Please reach out to Connie or Arilyn at 505-219-5684 Leave a message and they will get back to you. You can also sign up on the Contact page and we will be in touch!
Proudly: A Park Above is a 501(c)(3) ALL volunteer board and organization.
~Helping Our Community One Step At A Time ~ Where ALL Children Play~ SEE YOU AT THE PARK!